Master of Arts in Youth Ministry Leadership
The Youth Ministry Leadership program is for those who care about reaching the next generation and their families. If that’s you — seeking to evangelize and disciple youth and their families through the power of Jesus Christ and to equip others for youth ministry — you’ll be at home in the MA in Youth Ministry Leadership.
What You'll Learn
- Develop a biblical philosophy and effective strategies for youth and family ministry
- Integrate appropriately current trends of youth and family culture
- Demonstrate necessary leadership skills to plan, direct, and evaluate ministry practices for youth and their families
Three years, although you may finish sooner with transfer credit and/or by testing out of selected courses.
Career and Ministry Opportunities With This Degree
Youth Ministry Leadership students come to CIU with a passion to reach the next generation with the gospel of Christ. The degree teaches the biblical knowledge and strategic skills you will need to work with youth and their families, as well as preparing you to equip others for ministry to youth and their families.
- Church and Campus Ministry: Serving as a church youth pastor or as a member of campus ministry team
- Camp and Retreat Ministry: Working with youth and their families in camp and retreat ministry contexts
- Wilderness and Adventure Education Ministry: Disciplining others through experiential learning in outdoor settings
Why Study Youth Ministry Leadership at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Caring, scholarly, and experienced faculty who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide both expert academic support and individualized spiritual guidance
- Intentional integration of Bible knowledge, spiritual formation, and ministry skill development
- Mentored field experience built into the curriculum
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement
Program Options That Fit Your Experience Level
We offer two program tracks, one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 30 semester hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.