Master of Arts in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
Complete Your Online Master of Arts in TESOL in Two Years or Less
The M.A. in TESOL prepares professional teachers of English to speakers of other languages with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach both children and adults effectively in a wide variety of cross-cultural settings. You'll be prepared for leadership roles in TESOL and for living and teaching in another country or culture. Upon completion of the program, you can be recommended to receive certification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
What You'll Learn
- The major concepts of linguistics and English syntax.
- Knowledge of linguistics and Second Language Acquisition (SLA) theory to practical classroom instruction.
- How to develop appropriate curriculum for all ages and levels of English language learners.
- How teach listening, speaking, reading, and writing at all levels of proficiency.
- Understand the dynamic cultural forces which affect teaching and ministry.
This 30- or 45-credit-hour degree can be completed in 1-2 years.
Career and Ministry Opportunities with a TESOL Degree
A Master of Arts in TESOL will prepare you to:
- Teach adults in language institutes and universities in the United States and around the world.
- Teach ESL to K-12 students in the United States.
- Teach English in the midst of ministry and mission work.
Why Study TESOL at CIU Online?
- Our professors are seasoned veterans in TESOL and are experts in the field.
- The program has a proven track record of placing qualified English teachers around the world.
- The program is flexible and works around your life and work.
- The program equips you in intercultural ministry skills.
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official college transcript
- Signed Statement of Understanding document (completed during the first course)
- Minimum 30-45 semester hours (program 1 or 2).
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30-45 semester hours of CIU coursework