Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management
The Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management provides students the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to natural disasters and crises while demonstrating Christian compassion, service, and witness.
What You'll Learn
- Practical skills in responding to natural disasters and crises.
- Management and leadership skills for dealing with disasters and crises.
- Appropriate Christian communication and care to those affected by disasters and crises.
This 45-credit our program can be completed in up to 2 years.
Career and Ministry Opportunities with an Emergency Management Degree
A Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management equips students to work in:
- U.S. government agencies (FEMA, Homeland Security).
- Faith-based humanitarian organizations.
- Mission organizations, churches, and denominations committed to disaster relief and emergency management.
Why Study Disaster Relief and Emergency Management at CIU Online?
- Gain skills and insights to work and minister amid 21st century global crises.
- Our professors are seasoned veterans and experts in the field.
- The program can be applied directly to your current work or ministry.
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- Church leader reference
- Application Essay (800 words total, typed)
- A GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework