Doctor of Ministerial Leadership
The Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree offers professional ministers the opportunity to reflect on their practice of leadership from diverse strategic perspectives. It challenges practitioners from a variety of ministry contexts to grow in their own spiritual maturity, strengthen their personal and professional ethic, and develop a biblical approach to their practice of leadership.
What You'll Learn
Upon completion of the Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree, students will demonstrate an ability to
- Formulate a plan for continuing personal spiritual growth in leadership
- Develop a personal and professional ethic for leadership in ministry
- Implement an approach to leadership that embraces multicultural and global perspectives
- Assess the effectiveness of leadership practice using a case study research method
This 32-credit-hour degree will take three years.
Career and Ministry Opportunities With This Degree
Graduates with a Doctor of Ministerial Leadership degree can go on to become more effective in their ministries as:
- Leading pastors
- Women’s ministry leaders
- Discipleship pastors
- Pastoral counselors
- Missionary care specialists
- Small group pastors
- Church education leaders
- Parachurch ministry leaders
Why Study Ministerial Leadership at CIU Online?
- Program design allows you to focus on research and writing from the beginning of your studies.
- Non-residential modality allows you to pursue your degree without relocating.
- Experienced faculty mentors provide individualized guidance in areas of their particular expertise.
- Accredited regionally by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and accredited nationally by the Association of Biblical Higher Education and the Association of Theological Schools.
- $25 application fee
- An essay
- Church Leader Reference
- Academic transcripts
- A master’s-level theological degree from an accredited institution
- A cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0
- Students whose GPA falls between 2.5 and 3.0 may be considered for admission on a conditional basis if they submit their requests in writing accompanied by appropriate rationale. Their applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the SSM Admissions Review Committee on a case-by-case basis.
- Three years of ministry experience on a church staff, with a mission agency, or as part of a parachurch ministry
- TOEFL score (if required as an international student)
- WES validation (if required as an international student)
- Educational Background Form (if required as an international student)
|Course of Study||32|
|MIN 9440||Profile of the Godly Leader||4|
|MIN 9441||Transformational Leadership||4|
|MIN 9442||Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus||4|
|MIN 9901||Reviewing Precedent Research||4|
|MIN 9902||Research Foundations and Parameters||4|
|MIN 9903||Conducting a Case Study||4|
|MIN 9904||Analyzing the Data||4|
|MIN 9905||Ministerial Leadership Capstone Project||4|
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||Summer Semester|
|1||MIN 9901||Reviewing Precedent Research (4)||MIN 9440||Profile of the Godly Leader (4)||MIN 9902||Research Foundations and Parameters (4)|
|2||MIN 9441||Transformational Leadership (4)||MIN 9903||Conducting a Case Study (4)||MIN 9442||Multicultural Leadership with Global Focus (4)|
|3||MIN 9904||Analyzing the Data||MIN 9905||Ministerial Leadership Capstone (4)|