Graduate Certificate in Bible & Theology
The Bible and Theology Certificate offers you a solid biblical-theological foundation. The credits you earn can be applied towards a Master of Divinity or Master of Arts seminary programs through Columbia Biblical Seminary.
What You'll Learn
- How to interpret and apply the biblical text
- How to explain, evaluate and apply Bible doctrine
- How to trace God’s global movement throughout the Bible
This 30-credit-hour degree only takes 1 year to complete.
Career and Ministry Opportunities
A Certificate in Bible & Theology prepares you for further study at the master’s level as well as potential opportunities in ministry.
- Marketplace Ministry
- Serving on the mission field
- Serving as a staff member in a local church
- Teaching Bible in a Christian school
Why Study Bible & Theology at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement (completed during the first course)
- A minimum 30 total semester hours of credit
- A minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 15 semester hours of Bible and theology
Review the program details and course requirements for the Bible & Theology Certificate program.
Note: This certificate program is not eligible for federal Title IV financial aid funds – i.e. Federal Direct Loans. Students who are interested in exploring other financial aid options should contact the Financial Aid Office.