Leadership and management skills are invaluable in the work world, and both of them are central to our Bachelor of Science in Business program. You’ll learn how to meet the challenges of running and working in organizations both in the United States and abroad, through collaborative, academically rigorous online classes.
And when you graduate, you’ll be prepared with the practical and professional skills that will help land that dream job. Whether you’re an entrepreneur, a corporate employee, or a nonprofit or community-organization worker, our Christ-centered curriculum ensures the work you’re doing will also be God’s.
What You’ll Learn
- Principles and processes for creating and managing a business, leading and developing other businesses, and building high-performance teams and organizations
- Essential skills for working in different business environments, such as for-profit and nonprofit organizations, and governmental and international nongovernmental entities
- To understand and use a biblical worldview in business settings
- How to develop and live your personal philosophy of business
How Long It Will Take
This 120-credit-hour degree will take just over 4 years.
What Can I Do with This Degree?
A Bachelor of Science in Business can open doors to many different careers, as well as further study at the master’s and Ph.D. levels.
- Traditional Marketplace: Positions in fields such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management
- Church and Ministry Work: Business-focused positions in church and parachurch organizations
- Continued Education: Prepare for graduate-level work
Why Study Business at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis)
- Signed Statement of Understanding document (completed during the first course)
- Minimum 120 semester hours
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 18 hours of Bible, theology, and ministry courses and at least 12 hours of additional interdisciplinary Bible-related courses
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of general education
- Completion of the 30-hour business major