Business principles and practices are at the core of nearly every career, from management and financial planning to ethics and strategic decision making. You’ll get a sturdy, well-rounded foundation in those principles and practices in our online Associate of Arts in Business program.
Plus, just as business is at the core of every career, so is Christ at the core of every business class at CIU, so you can count on being part of a curriculum both faith-informed and academically rigorous. You’ll graduate prepared to pursue the plan He has prepared for you.
What You’ll Learn
- A broad-based, fundamental understanding of essential business skills, theories, and practices
- How to develop and live a personal business philosophy
- Best practices for communicating effectively in professional settings
- An understanding of a biblical worldview that can be used in business settings
How Long It Will Take
This 60-credit-hour degree will take just over 2 years to complete
What Can I Do with This Degree?
An Associate of Arts in Business can open doors to many different careers, as well as to further study at the bachelor’s, master’s, and Ph.D. levels.
- Traditional Marketplace: Entry-level positions in fields like accounting, finance, marketing and management
- Church and Ministry Work: Business-focused positions in church and parachurch organizations
- Continued Education: Prepare for bachelor’s- and graduate-level work
Why Study Business at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
What You Need to Know Before You Apply
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Official high school transcript or successful completion of General Education Development (GED) Testing Program
- Applicants who have attempted 12 or more college credits post-high school must provide official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress. Recommended college grade point average (GPA) is 2.0 on a 4.0 scale (those with a GPA under 2.0 may be admitted on a provisional basis).
- Signed Statement of Understanding document (completed during the first course)
- A minimum 60 total semester hours of credit
- A minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 15 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 9 hours of Bible, theology, and ministry courses and at least one additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course
- Completion of the 18-hour business concentration