Master of Education in Spiritual Formation Leadership
The Master of Education (Spiritual Formation Leadership) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators from a biblical perspective. Students are prepared to assume leadership roles as teacher and/or instructional supervisor in various educational settings to guide the development of student spiritual formation.
The curriculum for this concentration provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions in assessment, curriculum design, and fundamentals of spiritual formation.
The M.Ed. (Spiritual Formation Leadership) is available fully online. Students should consult with the M.Ed. program director in planning their degree program.
What You'll Learn
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
This 30-credit-hour degree can take 2-4 years to complete.
Career and Ministry Opportunities With This Degree
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- K–12 Teaching: Equip teachers to teach in the area of spiritual formation with the ability to analyze worldview assumptions and cultural issues from a biblical perspective.
- Leadership Positions: Lead and supervise in various educational settings in the development of spiritual formation and develop curriculum for spiritual growth. Collaborate and communicate with other professionals and parents to improve student growth in the area of spiritual formation.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
Why Earn an M.ED. at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned degree and any master’s degree work
- One professional reference and one general reference
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.