The Master of Education (Educational Administration) is designed to provide professional growth opportunities for educators in the field of school educational leadership from a biblical perspective. Students are prepared to assume leadership roles in various educational settings.
The curriculum for this concentration provides opportunities to develop knowledge, skills, and dispositions in the broad scope of school administrative responsibilities from a biblical perspective. These responsibilities include leadership theory, school law, financial principles, faculty and staff supervision, data–informed decision making, strategic planning, and development.
The M.Ed. (Educational Administration) is available fully online. Students should consult with the M.Ed. program director in planning their degree program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
You will gain a foundation in educational leadership skills such as these:
- Applying educational theories to effective teaching, analysis, and content-design strategies, as well as the ability to articulate those theories and principles and how they inform education from a biblical worldview
- Techniques for educational research, problem solving, and assessment, and for fostering a nurturing school culture, including consideration of cultural differences within the community
- Methods of collaborating and communicating with other professionals and the community, creating a climate conducive to spiritual transformation within the school setting, and being a lifelong learner
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
This 30-credit-hour degree can be completed in 5 semesters although the time may be extended up to 6 years.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Your Master’s in Education will prepare you to do what you do best: teach and lead in a variety of educational settings.
- Leadership Positions: Lead and supervise in a variety of educational settings with the knowledge and skills from a biblical perspective in the areas of supervision, leadership, and data-informed decision making.
- Academic Careers: Prepare for further graduate work, especially a Ph.D. in education or a related discipline, leading to teaching and research positions at the college and university level.
WHY STUDY M.ED. AT CIU ONLINE?
- Highly engaged, collaborative online classes that use real-life case studies to help students develop familiarity with educational issues and practice addressing them
- Courses designed with the Christian educator in mind, taught by professors with experience in the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- An M.Ed. program consistent with the certification requirements of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- One professional reference and one general reference
- 2.7 GPA for recent degree obtained
- Previous experience in education as verified by one of the following: two years classroom experience, a current teaching certificate, an undergraduate degree in education and a minimum of two years in educational administration. (A limited number of students without one of these experiences who otherwise meet the requirements and display exceptional leadership qualities may be accepted on specific coursework and leadership recommendations.)
You can find information about admissions requirements, policies, and time limitations of the program in our academic catalog.