Your passion for reaching across boundaries and connecting with people has a home with the online Master’s in Intercultural Studies. Both hands on and academically rigorous, the program is tailored toward teaching you intercultural understanding in an ever-changing, diverse world as you do your part to fulfill the global mission of God.
What You’ll Learn
- How to engage in high-level, critical research, analysis, and writing within the discipline
- Tools and techniques for engaging with cultures other than your own
- The societal and global issues that affect intercultural exchanges and relations
How Long It Will Take
Depending on your academic background, 1.5 to 2 years
What You Can Do with This Degree
You’ll be amazed at the doors a degree in intercultural studies can open, whether you’re seeking to enhance a career you already have or switch career paths.
- Governmental Service: Diplomatic positions in U.S. embassies overseas
- Military Service: Chaplaincy in various military branches
- Church Service: Mission pastors; ethnic-outreach coordinators
- Mission Service: Missionaries in cross-cultural service across the world; mission agency office support person; mission mobilizer
- Business Service: Private-sector organizations or transnational corporations, such as marketing and product development
- Academic Careers: Ph.D. work leading to careers in college, seminary, and university-level teaching, both in the United States and abroad
Why Earn an Intercultural Studies Degree at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, fieldwork-oriented online classes with students from all over the world
- Multilingual professors who have lived internationally, doing the very work they’re teaching
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Internship and research opportunities built into the curriculum
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement
- 2.5 GPA in undergraduate study or scores above the 50th percentile on the GRE
Program Options That Fit Your Experience Level
We offer two program tracks based on your level of experience: one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 15 semester credit hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.