The Bible Exposition program is for those whom He has blessed with a deep love of His word — those who want to read, analyze, and interpret Scripture. If that’s you, seeking to bring the world closer to God through writing about, teaching, and ministering Scripture, you’ll be at home in the Bible Exposition master’s program.
What You’ll Learn
- Interpret Scripture in its original languages through direct interaction with the text.
- Practice sound exegesis and exposition of the biblical text and trace key themes in Scripture.
- Communicate biblical truth with the goal of life transformation.
- Discuss the teaching of individual Bible books in detail and contextualize them to a variety of cultures.
How Long It Will Take
3 years, although you may finish sooner with transfer credits and/or by testing out of select courses
What Can I Do with This Degree?
Bible Exposition students come from all professions and walks of life, seeking to enhance their relationship with God. The degree teaches critical writing, reading, and linguistic competencies that enrich the skills you bring with you to the program, as well as opens doors to careers in teaching, ministry, and research and writing.
- Academic Careers: Teaching at colleges, seminaries, and universities; academic research and Ph.D. work; Bible translator
- Church & Ministry Work: Serving as a pastor or associate pastor, itinerant speaker, or as a campus or parachurch ministry professional
- Missionary: Work cross-culturally both in the United States and abroad to help communities and draw people closer to God through communicating Scripture
Why Study Bible Exposition at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach and who can provide expert academic advising
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing not only academic support but spiritual support and guidance as well
- Internships and research opportunities built into the curriculum
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement
Program Options That Fit Your Experience Level
We offer two program tracks: one for students with no previous studies in Bible or theology, and one for students who have at least 30 semester hours of Bible, theology, or Church history.