Doctor of Philosophy in Intercultural Studies
The Doctor of Philosophy (Intercultural Studies) program prepares you to produce original research in any area of Intercultural Studies including history and theology of mission, cultural anthropology, mission strategy, and Islamic Studies among others.
This flexible program is available in three-year and five-year formats. You may pursue it online from wherever you are living or serving.
What You'll Learn
- Master research methods relevant to Intercultural Studies.
- Develop a grasp of the key missiological literature in Intercultural Studies.
- Produce original research at the highest academic level in Intercultural Studies.
This 45 credit hour program can take up to 2 years to complete.
Career and Ministry Opportunities With This Degree
Graduates with a Ph.D. (Intercultural Studies) degree can go on to become:
- University instructors
- Instructors and leaders in global theological education
- Leaders in the global, non-profit sector
- Government advisors
- Leaders in Christian mission organizations and churches
Why Study Intercultural Studies at CIU Online?
- Pursue the highest level of academic study in Intercultural Studies while remaining in your place of ministry.
- Engage with recognized scholars and leaders in the field of Intercultural Studies.
- Collaborate with motivated like-minded students.
- Receive a high quality education at an affordable price.
- Completed application
- $25 application fee
- Application Essay (2000 words total, typed)
- Official transcripts for highest earned graduate degree and any additional graduate degree work
- One church leader reference and two academic references
- Academic writing sample (Master’s thesis or 30-40-page graduate research paper)
- Minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA