The Doctor of Philosophy (Intercultural Studies) program prepares you to produce original research in any area of Intercultural Studies including history and theology of mission, cultural anthropology, mission strategy, and Islamic Studies among others.
This flexible program is available in three-year and five-year formats. You may pursue it online from wherever you are living or serving.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Master research methods relevant to Intercultural Studies.
- Develop a grasp of the key missiological literature in Intercultural Studies.
- Produce original research at the highest academic level in Intercultural Studies.
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
3 years of full-time study or 5 years of part-time study
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Graduates with a Ph.D. (Intercultural Studies) degree can go on to become:
- University instructors
- Instructors and leaders in global theological education
- Leaders in the global, non-profit sector
- Government advisors
- Leaders in Christian mission organizations and churches
WHY INTERCULTURAL STUDIES AT CIU ONLINE?
- Pursue the highest level of academic study in Intercultural Studies while remaining in your place of ministry.
- Engage with recognized scholars and leaders in the field of Intercultural Studies.
- Collaborate with motivated like-minded students.
- Receive a high quality education at an affordable price.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU APPLY
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- 3 references: 1 church leader reference, 2 academic references (previous professors)
- A copy of a master's degree thesis or a graduate level 30-40 page research paper
- Master's degree from an accredited institution that provides a relevant foundation for doctoral studies in intercultural studies.
- Performance in graduate coursework indicating an ability to be successful in doctoral-level studies.