Graduate Certificate in Biblical Ministry
If you are interested in ministry but don’t want to pursue a degree, the Biblical Ministry Certificate will provide you with a basic understanding of Scriptures and a foundation for effective Christian ministry. During your studies, you’ll grow spiritually and learn how to study and apply God’s word.
What You'll Learn
- How to interpret and apply the biblical text
- How to share the gospel effectively
- How to deepen your relationship with God
This 30-credit-hour degree only takes 1 year to complete, if you enroll fulltime. As a part-time student, you can complete the degree in 4 semesters.
Career and Ministry Opportunities With This Degree
A Certificate in Biblical Ministry helps you meet the basic requirements for many mission agencies and equips you to:
- Volunteer in a local church
- Serve on the mission field
- Minister in the marketplace
Why Study Biblical Ministry at CIU Online?
- Highly engaged, hands-on online classes with students from all over the world
- Professors who are practitioners of the subjects they teach
- Faculty and staff who are dedicated to getting to know you and providing both academic and spiritual support and guidance
- Online application
- $25 application fee
- Applicants must have an accredited bachelor's degree
- Official college transcripts of all work completed or in progress.
- An essay
- Church leader reference
- Signed Doctrinal Statement (completed during the first course)
- A minimum 30 total semester hours of credit
- A minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 15 semester hours of CIU coursework
See the program details and course of study for the Biblical Ministry Certificate program.
Note: This certificate program is not eligible for federal Title IV financial aid funds – i.e. Federal Direct Loans. Students who are interested in exploring other financial aid options should contact the Financial Aid Office.