The PhD (Biblical Studies) program is for those who want to teach in post-secondary theological higher education both nationally and internationally. If you want a program that offers you the advanced knowledge and skills needed to research, write, and make a scholarly contribution to the fields of Old Testament or New Testament Studies, the PhD (Biblical Studies) program is for you.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Research and write at an advanced level of biblical scholarship under the functional authority of Scripture.
- Make a scholarly contribution to the field of Old Testament or New Testament Studies.
- Present research results in a professional, organized, coherent, and structured manner in both written and oral form.
- Function responsibly in the context of a supervisory relationship while exhibiting CIU’s core value of victorious Christian living.
HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE
Three years of full-time study or five years of part-time study.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS DEGREE?
Graduates with a Ph.D. (Biblical Studies) degree can go on to become:
- Instructors and leaders in global theological education
- Seminary and University instructors in North America
- Academic deans
- Consultants on theological education
- Authors and editors
WHY STUDY Biblical Studies AT CIU ONLINE?
- Program design allows you to focus on research and writing from the beginning of your studies.
- Non-residential modality allows you to pursue your degree without relocating.
- Experienced faculty mentors provide individualized guidance in areas of their particular expertise.
- Accredited regionally by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges and nationally by the Associate of Biblical Higher Education.